Sunday, October 14, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Saturday, March 3, 2012
I am sending out an urgent appeal to anyone who can help me.
My 91-year old mother who lives in Muar recently underwent a colon operation and I need to hire a full time maid / helper to help look after her. She’s not bedridden but due to her arthiritis she cannot walk very far, still able to move about but need some assistance. She’s having a colonstomy bag attached to her that need’s regular changing so I’m looking for someone who’s willing to provide some simple basic nursing care.
At the moment, my younger sister lives with her but she herself is suffering from depression so she’s not able to fully care for my mother. This maid / helper can be either local or foreigner, I prefer live in full time, and I’m willing to pay whatever is necessary, however, as a temporary measure I don’t mind if we can get a day time maid.
I sincerely hope anyone of our old boys either in Muar or elsewhere who happen to know somebody who’s able to provide their services as a maid. I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get to help me solve this problem.
Vincent Ngc/o Kim Realty
Tel : 03-7729 9988H/p : 019 – 3360 899
To All Presidents
28 February 2012
I am sure that you are aware that your EXCO at the request of Rev Brother Anthony Rogers has been planning a Gala Dinner to commemorate the 160th Anniversary of the La Salle Brothers to Malaya/Asia, on 8 September 2012.
I would like to update you on the developments of this event. His Royal Highness, the Sultan of Selangor has been invited to be the guest of honour.
The tentative programme will be as follows:
Pre-Dinner MixerExhibition of the Achievements of Lasallian InstitutionsVideoGala Dinner with Entertainment
I seek the support of your Association in the following manner:
1. The Association should take up at least 2 tables at the cost of RM1500(subsidized) per table.
2. We seek your assistance in determining some members of the Association to provide some sponsorships ranging from RM5000 to RM20000. The Reply Form shows the various categories. The donor will be invited to the dinner together with his partner.
3. We expect participation by about 40 Brothers who had made contributions to education in Malaysia and we hope that you would support both the old and new teachers of your school to participate.
4. At the suggestion of Rev Brother Anthony Rogers, we would like to recognize 160 Lasallians including Brothers, who have made contributions to various aspects of developments to Malaysia. Kindly nominate the prominent Lasallians from your Alma Mater.
5. We plan to hold the AGM of the Federation the following day at La Salle Hall,Petaling Jaya.
We look forward to your participation.
For planning purpose, we would appreciate your indication of participation before 30 April 2012. We need your full support and cooperation in order to make this commemorative dinner a big success.
Enclosed please find a Reply Form of your intention.
With best regards.
Tan Sri Dr Augustine S H Ong
cc Rev Brother Anthony Rogers
For more information please call Mr.Goh Bong Hiang. Mobile no.019-332 0941
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
1st Baron Baden-Powell
Let make ourselves free this coming Saturday the 25th February 2012.
You are cordially invited to participitate in this year Founders Day Gathering
Dinner & Campfire at COMMOMWEALTH FOREST PARK AND RESORTS, RAWANG.
1900 - Arrival of Guests
2000 - Dinner
2100 - Campfire and Sing-a-long
This invitation is extended to All ex-scouts, girls, old boys and family, members and boys of St.Andrew School Muar.
This function is related to Scouting/Guiding, but those who are not related or had not been related are also welcomed.
This gathering is to refresh memories of the good old days and to renew fellowship.
Family members are invited as well.
Dress code is casual and it is Free Of Charge.
This Founder’s Day (Baden Powell) celebration is organized by the BP Guild Malaysia.
Please confirm your participation before February15th to enable the organizer to plan.
Let do it
Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell
22 February 1857 (1857-02-22) – 8 January 1941 (1941-01-09) (aged 83)
Founder of Scouting
Place of birth Paddington, London, England
Place of death Nyeri, Kenya
Service/branch British Army
Years of service 1876–1910
Commands held Chief of Staff, Second Matabele War (1896–1897)
5th Dragoon Guards in India (1897)
Inspector General of Cavalry, England (1903)
Battles/wars Anglo-Ashanti Wars,
Second Matabele War,
Siege of Mafeking,
Second Boer War
• Awards Ashanti Star (1895),
• Matabele Campaign, British South Africa Company Medal (1896),
• Queen’s South Africa Medal (1899),
• King’s South Africa Medal ( 1902),
• Boy Scouts Silver Wolf
• Boy Scouts Silver Buffalo Award (1926),
• World Scout Committee Bronze Wolf (1935),
• Großes Dankabzeichen des ÖPB (1927)
• Großes Ehrenzeichen der Republik am Bande (1931)
• Goldene Gemse (1931)
• Grand-Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau (1932),
• Order of Merit (1937),
• Wateler Peace Prize (1937)
• Order of St Michael and St George,
• Royal Victorian Order,
• Order of the Bath
Other work Founder of the international Scouting Movement;
Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell, OM, GCMG, GCVO, KCB (pronounced /beɪdən poʊ.əl/) (22 February 1857 – 8 January 1941), also known as B-P or Lord Baden-Powell, was a lieutenant-general in the British Army, writer, and founder of the Scout Movement.
After having been educated at Charterhouse School, Baden-Powell served in the British Army from 1876 until 1910 in India and Africa. In 1899, during the Second Boer War in South Africa, Baden-Powell successfully defended the town in the Siege of Mafeking. Several of his military books, written for military reconnaissance and scout training in his African years, were also read by boys. Based on those earlier books, he wrote Scouting for Boys, published in 1908 by Pearson, for youth readership. During writing, he tested his ideas through a camping trip on Brownsea Island with the local Boys’ Brigade and sons of his friends that began on 1 August 1907, which is now seen as the beginning of Scouting.
After his marriage to Olave St Clair Soames, Baden-Powell, his sister Agnes Baden-Powell and notably his wife actively gave guidance to the Scouting Movement and the Girl Guides Movement.
Baden-Powell lived his last years in Nyeri, Kenya, where he died and was buried in 1941.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
019 667 9081
SAS Old Boys KL/PJ Chapter